Virginia has a new Medicaid program!
Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC Plus) is our new Medicaid managed care program. In CCC Plus, you get:
- Medical services
- Personal care
- Behavioral (mental) health services
All in one health plan! A health plan is a group of doctors, hospitals, clinics and other health care providers. They work together to meet your health care needs.
How CCC Plus works
- The health plans will team up with local health care agencies, such as doctor’s offices, nursing facilities, and personal care agencies to give you care.
- The agencies and providers will be in your health plan “network.”
- You will get almost all of your care from “in network” agencies and providers.
- You will have a primary care provider (PCP). Your PCP is the doctor, clinic or other health provider you choose. Your PCP will manage your health care and send you to other providers when needed.
Benefits of CCC Plus
The CCC Plus program offers you:
- A person-centered, individual care plan
- The same basic Medicaid services you get now
- A choice of health plans
- A Care Coordinator for each person
- A team of health care professionals who work together to give you care
- Help getting connected with housing, food and community resources
- Added benefits from your health plan